Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What Scratch?

I have seen several articles on the information super highway about walnuts getting rid of scratches on hard wood floors. And all I'm saying is that over a year ago some scratches appeared on the staircase. I'm not claiming to know how in the world they got there, but in all fairness, I must mention that the scratches were first noticed after this Christmas tree was drug from the attic downstairs carefully and lovingly decorated.

Christmas Tree 2011

So..... I finally got my hands on a walnut and remembered to try this tip on the staircase. Here is the before picture:
Scratch

There was a blatant little scratch on every step, like maybe something was ,ahem, drug down the stairs.

And here is the after photo:

No Scratch

Although the physical scratch did not disappear, it is really less obvious. And unless you are looking for the scratch, you are likely to never see it. I will certainly be adding this trick to my arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment