Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A New Way to Do Pie

I have been on a diet or about to start a diet most of my life. Some diets have been very successful and others not so much. I have an unstoppable sweet tooth that tends to be the death of most of my diets. Some people prefer salty, I prefer sweet.

So, when I am dieting I am always looking for a dessert that won't ruin my diet but that will satisfy my sweet tooth. It is really a tricky situation. When I find a dessert that is both diet and delicious, I have to commit it to memory. And I have found one. No, it is not chocolate cake with chocolate icing nor is it ooey-gooey bars but, as far as diet desserts go, this one is a home-run. And it's super easy to make- to boot!

Here's what you need:


  •  Sugar Free Jell-O of your choice flavor
  • 2 (8oz) packages of Light Yogurt of the corresponding flavor
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 8oz Cool Whip
  • pie crust


Diet Pie Ingredients

This week I made an orange flavored one. I have made a key lime flavored one and a cherry flavored one. However, this week I was going for the orange Julius flavor. The first step is to bring your 1/4 cup of water to a boil on the stove-top and dissolve the jell-o in it. Add the yogurt and stir until combined.

Combine Jell-O and Yogurt

Then add the cool whip

Add Cool Whip

And pour mixture into the pie crust

Light and Fluffy and Awesome

And there you have it. It's just light and fluffy and awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment