Thursday, January 24, 2013

Best and Easiest Feta Cheese Dip: Everythings Betta with Feta!... assuming you like Feta cheese, that is... ~Leigh

I found a pin on Pinterest that was titled, "Feta Dip" with "Everyone begs for the recipe" in the descriptor section. Everyone has different tastes, and Feta (like cilantro) is polarizing. I, personally, really like it and am always looking for a super easy something to whip up to take to knitting night, or any gathering. It doesn't get much easier than this, folks... especially if you have a food processor. The pin took me to a site called Sweet Paul Blog. You literally just dump all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and adjust to taste.


Easy Feta Cheese Dip
Through 'em all in and go!

From Sweet Paul Blog:
Lemon and feta dip
Serves 4

8oz feta cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic, chopped
6 tablespoons olive oil+ extra for serving
fresh thyme


Place feta, lemon zest and juice, garlic and olive oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
Spoon into a bowl and drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with thyme.
Serve with grilled tomatoes and grilled pita bread drizzled with olive oil, salt and thyme.


We have a policy in our house to pretty much double the garlic in any recipe and I used a little bit extra olive oil than the recipe calls for... so, again... this can be modified to suit YOUR tastes. I also didn't have any fresh thyme, though I bet that would be wonderful. I also didnt serve with grilled tomatoes... but I did serve it with pita chips. It was a super hit. And, yes... people asked for my recipe.

One quick note though... make sure to remove any lemon seeds that may have made their way in there during the squeezing process. I'm sure thats a no-brainer, but I'm just throwing that out there. If you have even a passing fondness for Feta, you should definetely check this out!

Thanks for reading!~ Leigh

1 comment:

  1. squeeze the lemon through your (clean) fingers or a fork to catch the lemon seeds- ;)

    ReplyDelete