Thursday, January 31, 2013

Powerhouse Spinach & Fruit Smoothie

It started as an easy way to get a serving of spinach because even though I know it is good for me, spinach is not my favorite. This smoothie has turned into something I look forward to everyday. Really, you can put anything in it you like or leave out anything you don't like. I do not have an exact measurement for all the ingredients- I just eyeball them as I add to the blender- all roughly 1/2 cup. Here is my list of ingredients:

  • Spinach
  • Orange
  • Apple
  • Banana
  • Strawberry
  • Blueberry (1/4 cup-ish)
  • Pinapple/Peach/Mango Medley
  • Vanilla Flavored Greek Yogurt
  • Milk 
  • Chia Seeds (1 tablespoon)


Smoothie Ingredients

I begin with putting the Greek yogurt, milk, spinach and orange in the blender first and blending them. You can leave the Greek yogurt out, but it's loaded with protein. You can use another liquid besides milk like Sprite or Sprite Zero. Then I add one or two ingredients at a time and blend them until finally it is all blended together and I have a blended fruit smoothie. If I have more than will fit in my cup, I save it for later. This time of year, I am using a lot of frozen foods- but, it turns out great.

blended fruit smoothie

The final step is to sprinkle chia seeds on top and mix them in with my spoon.

chia seeds

You should try this powerhouse spinach and fruit smoothie- it is wonderful. I have turned my Moma and my Daddy into believers. I can even get Bub to drink a little every now and then!


No comments:

Post a Comment